Welcome to the Belen Public Library!
Established in 1966, our library proudly serves Belen and the surrounding communities. We offer many resources, including:
- A branch library specializing in Southwest and Belen history, located within the Belen Harvey House Museum
- Free public Wi-fi
- 45 public computers
- Adult computer classes and technology assistance
- Copying, faxing (outgoing only) and scanning services
- Notary services
- Public meeting spaces with projector, screen, and surround sound
- Programs for Children, Teens & Adults
- Thousands of books, DVDs, Audiobooks, eBooks, & more!
- Now offering Gale Educational Courses! Connect with a valid library card!
We are very excited to announce that the library is now open without appointments needed!
- Masks are required to enter the Library and must be worn for your entire visit.
- Individuals will be provided disinfectant, hand sanitizer and masks if needed.
- Belen Public Library Contact – Kathleen Pickering, Director, Belen Public Library and Harvey House Museum; Community Services Administrator- 505-966-2600
Library Hours Effective August 16, 2021
The Belen Public Library Monday – Saturday 10:00am – 5:00pm
Youth Services Tuesday – Saturday 10:00am – 5:00pm
Wifi is available during normal business hours from the parking lots surrounding the library. The password is Guestwifi. Individuals may use their own Wifi devices from their cars.
Adult Computer Classes
Belen Public Library is once again offering Adult Computer Classes. The classes are tailored to the needs and skill levels of the participants and will cover topics like Basic Computer Skills, Using Social Media, Computers for Business, and more. Our computer specialist is also available to offer one on one assistance as needed for technology-related questions. For more information please call the library at 505-966-2600 or email Summer.Ludwig@belen-nm.gov.
Career Online High School Scholarships
Belen Public Library will award scholarships for Career Online High School to qualified learners looking to earn a high school diploma and advance their careers. Once enrolled, Career Online High School pairs each student with an Academic Coach, who assists with developing an individual career plan, offers ongoing guidance and encouragement, evaluates performance, and connects the learner with the resources needed to demonstrate mastery of the course material. Classes are supported by board-certified instructors and students have 24/7 access to the online learning platform. Coursework begins in one of eight high-growth, high-demand career fields (across a wide spectrum from child care and education to certified transportation), before progressing to the core academic subjects. Students are able to graduate in as few as six months by transferring in previously earned high school credits but are given up to 18 months to complete the program.
Residents can learn more about Career Online High School at Belen Public Library, by visiting the Career Online High School website or by contacting the library at 505-966-2600 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit Belen Public Library’s Biblionix Catalog page.
- Curbside check-out will continue as is.
- Library materials may be requested either by phone (505)966-2600 or online.
Online access requires a valid library card number and four digit PIN.
Call (505)-966-2600 if you do not have your library card number and four digit PIN.
- A limit of 10 total items with up to 2 DVDs per card apply.
- A doorbell is located on the drop box behind the library to contact library staff or call (505)966-2600 to let a staff member know you have arrived for your curbside pick-up.
- Materials will be delivered to you outside the building while maintaining social distancing.
- All library items may be returned to the drop box behind the library. No fines will be charged at this time.