Welcome to the Belen Public Library!
Established in 1966, our library proudly serves Belen and the surrounding communities. We offer many resources, including:
- A branch library specializing in Southwest and Belen history, located within the Belen Harvey House Museum
- Free public Wi-fi
- 45 public computers
- Copying, faxing (outgoing only) and scanning services
- Notary services
- Public meeting spaces with projector, screen, and surround sound
- Programs for Children, Teens & Adults
- Thousands of books, DVDs, Audiobooks, eBooks, & more!
- Now offering Gale Educational Courses! Connect with a valid library card!
- Beginning June 7, 2021, Belen Public Library will begin permitting limited access to library services by appointment only.
- Schedule an appointment for library use by phone ONLY beginning June 7. (505)966-2600.
For fairness to those without internet access, appointments may not be made by email. No drop-in use will be permitted.
- Up to five (5) family members may enter the library with an appointment.
- Each appointment is limited to 50 minutes. This allows time to disinfect the computer stations before the next user. The 50 minutes begins at the designated appointment time. Individuals who arrive late will lose time from their session.
- Individuals will be provided disinfectant, hand sanitizer and masks if needed.
- Masks are required to enter the Library and must be worn for entire visit.
- No public bathrooms available.
Wifi is available during normal business hours from the parking lots surrounding the library. The password is Guestwifi. Individuals may use their own Wifi devices from their cars.
Career Online High School Scholarships
Belen Public Library will award scholarships for Career Online High School to qualified learners looking to earn a high school diploma and advance their careers. Once enrolled, Career Online High School pairs each student with an Academic Coach, who assists with developing an individual career plan, offers ongoing guidance and encouragement, evaluates performance, and connects the learner with the resources needed to demonstrate mastery of the course material. Classes are supported by board-certified instructors and students have 24/7 access to the online learning platform. Coursework begins in one of eight high-growth, high-demand career fields (across a wide spectrum from child care and education to certified transportation), before progressing to the core academic subjects. Students are able to graduate in as few as six months by transferring in previously earned high school credits but are given up to 18 months to complete the program.
Residents can learn more about Career Online High School at Belen Public Library, visiting the library’s Web site https://www.belen-nm.gov/belen-public-library/ or go to https://education.gale.com/lc-nm_p_belen/
For more information or questions, please contact 505-966-2600 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Curbside check-out will continue as is.
- Library materials may be requested either by phone or online.
(505)966-2600 or https://belen.biblionix.com/catalog/.
Online access requires a valid library card number and four digit PIN.
Call (505)-966-2600 if you do not have your library card number and four digit PIN.
- A limit of 10 total items with up to 2 DVDs per card apply.
- A doorbell is located on the drop box behind the library to contact library staff or call (505)966-2600 to let a staff member know you have arrived for your curbside pick-up.
- Materials will be delivered to you outside the building while maintaining social distancing.
- All library items may be returned to the drop box behind the library. No fines will be charged at this time.
Belen Public Library is open during the following times:
|Monday - Friday||10:00 AM - 4:00 PM|
The Teen Room is open during the following times:
|Monday - Friday||2:15 PM - 4:45 PM|