The City of Belen Wastewater Division is responsible for the collection and treatment of all wastewater within our service area in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
The division provides the following services:
- Wastewater administration
- Sanitary sewer collection and sewer system cleaning
- Wastewater Treatment Plant operation
- Wastewater laboratory
- Fiscal reporting
- Pipeline video inspection
- Monitoring of 21 lift stations
The Belen Wastewater Treatment Plant has a processing capacity of 1.6 million gallons a day. They currently they process 0.9 million gallons of wastewater.
The wastewater treatment plant is staffed with six operators and the wastewater director.
Report a Problem
Non-Emergency Dispatch: 505-865-9130
Jeff Gatewood, Wastewater Director
Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm