Start a New Business
Business Registration Requirements
- Applications can be picked up at Belen City Hall or on our website Belen-NM.gov.
- Every Commencing business must apply for a NM State Tax ID (CRS) Number. Contact the State of New Mexico - This can be done online at www.tax.newmexico.gov and register your business online.
- Complete and return the business registration along with docuumenttation of your NM Tax ID (CRS) Number to City Hall in Belen.
- If you are opening a business within the city, it will require a fire inspection and a zoning approval of location before the issue of a business license. Contact your local Fire Marshal and Development Services Department.
- Once application, fire inspection, and zoning approval has been approved, we can start collecting fees for the license $35, and fire inspection that depends on the size of the building. You can pay any fees with the Utilities Department located in City hall.
If your business is specialty as listed below, other documentation will be needed.
Click to Download the Business Registration Application
- Copy of NMED Certificate
- Food handler’s cards for all employees
- Copy of NM State Cosmetology License
- Copy of ED Certificate
- Copy of NM State Cosmetology/ Tattoo License
- Copy of NM State Dealership License
Copy of NMED Certificate
- Copy of NM Construction or Contractor License
Copy of NM State Liquor License
Monday - Friday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Page Views: 483