We Are Recruiting!
- National Nights Out
- Cops to Tots Toy Drive
- DWI Checkpoints
- Operation Buckle Down
- 100 Days and Nights of Summer
- Law Enforcement Torch Run for the Special Olympics
- Tip a Cop for the Special Olympics
- Criminal Investigation Division
- Regional SWAT
- Task Force Officer opportunities
- General/Specialty Instructor Opportunities
- Recruiting/Professional Standards
- School Resource Officer (SRO)
- Opportunity for Advancement
Generous Fringe Benefit Package
- 90% Medical
- 5% PERA (Police Plan 5)
- All equipment provided
- Clothing allowance ($1,000 annually)
- Uncertified pay: $22.00
- Certified/Lateral pay: $24.27 (this rate will go up to $27.00 in January 2024)
- Take home vehicle
- Pay while in the academy
- Able to pass physical fitness*, written, oral, medical, and psychological examination, background, and pre-employment tests
- Able to communicate with the public
- US Citizen, 18 years or older, High School Diploma or GED
- No Felony convictions or adverse driving record
- Must be able to work flexible schedule
*Physical Fitness Test Requirements
The requirements below are mandated by the New Mexico Law Enforcement Academy Board regardless of age or gender.
- 1.5 Mile Run- 15:54
- 300 Meter Run 71.0 Seconds
- Sit-ups 27 in 1 minute
- Push-ups 15 in one minute
These are the minimum requirements that must be passed to move on to the background phase of the hiring process, don't give up when you reach the minimums. If hired, you will be required to go to the academy and retake the physical assessment to be accepted in. You will be competing for a limited number of academy positions, only the top 60 will be accepted.
The Belen Police Department is dedicated to providing excellent service through partnership that builds trust, reduces crime, creates a safe environment, and enhances the quality of life in our community.
We are committed to these principles:
We have integrity. We adhere to the highest moral and ethical standards. We are honest and sincere in dealing with each other and the community. We have the courage to uphold these principles and are proud that they guide us in all we do.
We show respect. We recognize the value of our diversity and treat all people with kindness, tolerance, and dignity. We cherish and protect the rights, liberties, and freedoms of allas granted by the constitutions and laws of the United States and the State of New Mexico.
We act with fairness. Objective, impartial decidsions and policies are the foundation of our interactions. We are consistent in our treatment of all people. Our actions are tempered with reason and equity.