Is Your Home Safe From Burglars?
Are you doing all you can to keep your home safe from burglars?
Here are some tips to help stop intruders from entering your home.
- Be sure valuables are not visible through a window from the street.
- Practice good security habits that include locking doors and windows, activating alarm systems and not leaving the extra house key under doormats or on top of door frames.
- Make sure exterior doors are strong. Doors should fit in their frames securely. Deadbolts locks offer the best protection.
- Keep your home well lit.
- Trim shrubs and trees near doors and windows.
- Vacation time requires extra precautions. Don’t signal your absence with newspapers piled on your step, and overflowing mailbox, unattended lawn or snow removal. Temporarily stop delivery service and ask a trusted friend to check on your home while you’re away.