Office of Emergency Management
Building a safer future through effective partnerships of local government, emergency services, private sector, and volunteer agencies and the citizens of the City of Belen to save lives, protect property and reduce the effects of disasters through preparedness, prevention, planning, response, and recovery activities.
The Office of Emergency Management (OEM) coordinates the City of Belen emergency management program to prepare, prevent, plan, respond and recover from all-hazard events. The OEM develops, maintains and implements the ability to manage and coordinate emergency operations in cooperation with local, State and Federal governmental and private sector agencies.
Steven Gonzales, CPS
Valencia County Hazard Mitigation Plan
Latest News & Alerts From the Office of Emergency Management
Citizen Resources for Emergency Management
- Sign up for Alert Sense now! You will receive emergency alerts and severe weather warnings that could directly impact you and your family.
Other state and national resources
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA)
- Center for Disease Control (CDC) Natural Disasters & Severe Weather
- Department of Homeland Security
- New Mexico Roads
- Coupon Chief - Guide to Saving Money on Disaster Preparedness
- Humane Society - Tips for pet protection
- New Mexico Department of Homeland Security and Emergency Management
To Visit Us on Facebook