Job Listing – Certified Police Officer
Minimal Pay: $20.69
Summary of Duties: This position is responsible for the efficient performance of required duties conforming to the rules, regulations, and general orders contained herein. Duties shall consist of, but are not limited to, police responsibilities necessary to the safety and good order of the community.
- A high school diploma or GED.
- Certified completion of New Mexico Law Enforcement Academy.
- Two (2) years of patrol experience.
- Possess a valid New Mexico Driver’s License.
- Officers need to have knowledge of resources available to the department, particularly as related to juveniles.
- Knowledge of police investigative techniques and techniques of identification.
- General knowledge of rules of evidence and laws of search and seizure.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with juveniles, parents, school officials, fellow workers and public.
- Show the ability to question and interview skillfully.
- Ability to organize and prepare clear and concise oral and written reports.
- Exercise skill in the use of firearms and police equipment.
- The employee is required to perform shift work which may include days, evenings, nights, including weekends and holidays.
POSITION IS OPEN UNTIL FILLED.
City of Belen Disclaimer:
The City of Belen is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace Employer.
All final candidates are subject to a pre-employment drug test, and employment background check.
Page Views: 2,029