The Harvey House Museum is available for public non–profit, civic, cultural or educational gatherings when the facility is not being used for its primary purpose: museum activities.
Examples of permitted public gatherings
Public programs sponsored by a government agency or non–profit organization and programs of special interest, such as collectors or hobbyists are permitted. Private social events such as birthdays, wedding receptions, or funerals are not permitted. Meeting room facilities are available for lawful public use on an equitable basis, regardless of the beliefs or affiliations of individuals or groups requesting their use. Permission by the Library/Museum to use its facilities does not constitute an endorsement by the Library/Museum staff or the Library Board.
Guidelines for Use
- All meetings must be free and open to the public. Fund raising events of any kind are not permitted unless the event is Library/Museum sponsored.
- Reservations of exhibit space may be made up to one year in advance. Use is granted on a first-come, first-served basis. Cancellations must be made with 2 weeks’ notice.
- Museum sponsored events have priority in the use of exhibit space. The museum reserves the right to reschedule confirmed reservations to accommodate museum-sponsored programs and events.
- The name, address or phone number of the Belen Public Library or Belen Harvey House Museum may not be used as the official address or headquarters of any organization without permission of the Library.
- No alcoholic beverages may be served. For the sake of public safety, groups planning refreshments must agree that all food will be prepared in a commercially approved kitchen or prepackaged.
- The museum does not provide storage space for groups using the exhibit space; therefore, any food, beverages or personal items left in the exhibit space after the conclusion of the exhibit will be discarded. The exhibit space should be left in good order, as it was found.
- The Library Board of Trustees reserves the right to review any or all applications and may demand sufficient time to make proper investigation of a request before granting approval.
- The Library/Museum assumes no responsibility or liability for audiovisual equipment, instruments, etc. provided by groups using the premises.
- Payment shall be made for any damage to or loss of property or for any special janitorial fees resulting from use of the space, such as special trash removal or cleaning of stains and spills.
- All groups, clubs, entities or individuals using an exhibit space must comply with these and all other Belen Harvey House Museum rules. Failure to comply with the rules may lead to immediate termination of the exhibit, exclusion of individuals from museum premises pursuant to the rules, and/or loss of future exhibit space use privileges.