This website cannot be viewed properly using this version of Internet Explorer.

Please use a modern browser such as Chrome or update to a stable, safer version of Internet Explorer.

Download Chrome (Made by Google)
Update Internet Explorer (Made by Microsoft)

Car Show

In order to have an event within the City Limits of Belen, you must complete this checklist and obtain an event permit from Risk Management. (This includes organizations and groups, both profit or non-profit in order to hold community events and present themselves in control of liability.

Procedures to follow are in order for the city public safety departments to be readily available with sufficient task force in case of unforeseen emergency.

  • The activity dates must be presented to the City of Belen Risk Manager 30 (thirty) days before the event.
  • When using city property, a certificate of insurance naming The City of Belen as additional insurer, with a minimum of $100,000. Must be presented before the event begins.
  • Each department contacted must sign their acknowledgment to your activity.

The Checklist will ask for the following information:

  1. The name of the organization and event
  2. Mailing address
  3. Phone number
  4. Who is the contact person and phone number
  5. Date of event
  6. Time of event
  7. Why is the event being held? (i.e. benefit, fundraising, community service etc.)
  8. Location of the event
  9. Barricades put up and take down time
  10. Notify City of Belen Police Department 966-2680
  • Request welfare checks or extra patrol.
  • Prepare for the employee overtime charge when requesting extra patrol.
  • If a road closure will be needed.
  • May hire additional event security if needed. Need name of company.
  1. Notify City of Belen Fire Department 966-2714
  • If a road is closed, they need to know an alternative route for emergencies.
  1. Notify City of Belen Street Department 505-966-2630
  • If a road is closed they need to prepare for extra barricades with set up and take down times and personal (prepare for the employee overtime charge).
  • Some streets in the City belong to the DOT and require a DOT permit. (check with risk management to see if a DOT permit id needed)
  1. Notify City of Belen City Manager 966-2733
  • If City property will be used.
  • When City property is used it must be cleaned after each use.                   
  1. Notify City of Belen Planning and Zoning 966-2746
  • Request necessary permits as may be required by City of Belen ordinances. If  alcohol beverages will be served. Must comply with the state and local laws concerning alcoholic beverages served and consumed.
  1. Notify surrounding neighbors if applicable.
  2. A copy of your checklist will be given to each department before the event as a means of communication and cross-referencing.

Complete and Print this Special Events Form. Sign and return to the City of Belen Risk Manager.